X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Windows 7 is no longer available with krdc

Hi
    After upgrade from 20.04 LTS I lost access to windows 7 pc via RDP.
    on windows side I get Schannel errors
    Code:
    36874: "An TLS 1.2 connection request was received from a remote client application, but none of the cipher suites supported by the client application are supported by the server. The SSL connection request has failed."
    36888:"The following fatal alert was generated: 40. The internal error state is 1205"
    I tried to connect with xfreerdp and I got:
    Code:
    [17:58:46:508] [24915:24916] [ERROR][com.freerdp.core] - transport_connect_tls:freerdp_set_last_error_ex ERRCONNECT_TLS_CONNECT_FAILED [0x00020008]
    Nothing has changed on the windows side​.

I see the TLS handshake failed but haven't any idea about fixing this.

I can't decrease seclevel on windows side due to organization policy

Any suggestions.

Thanks
    Last edited by Kryol; Aug 30, 2022, 04:20 AM.
  • Answer selected by Snowhog at Aug 30, 2022, 06:57 AM.

That has to do with the security measures in place. Many systems are being dropped due to that.

All can still be accessed with the below command. Notice the /sec setting. It is set to RDP. KRDC doesn't support that setting.

Code:
    xfreerdp /sec:rdp /v:RemotePCname /d:DomainIfNeeded /u:UserName /w:1440 /h:900

Comment

That has to do with the security measures in place. Many systems are being dropped due to that.

All can still be accessed with the below command. Notice the /sec setting. It is set to RDP. KRDC doesn't support that setting.

Code:
      xfreerdp /sec:rdp /v:RemotePCname /d:DomainIfNeeded /u:UserName /w:1440 /h:900

Comment

xfreerdp works fine now.
        Also If I use same /sec setting in KRDC rdp connection extra options KRDC connects successfully.
        Thanks a lot

Comment

I didn't go that route as I wanted to keep KRDC as my secure connection over older systems I hope to midnight soon.

Comment

Working...
          X