Sound Issues via headphone jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Sound Issues via headphone jack

Hi all. I recently purchased a Beelink Mini Desktop with AMD Ryzen 5800H processor. The desktop works fine, in fact, almost everything else works fine except the sound output via the sole audio jack (headphones/mic combo) at the front. When I connect a 3.5mm TRS jack to the output then to my speakers, I get no audio. The system doesn't even recognize it as 'audio/headphones out". It recognizes it as a microphone. I've tried headphones with both TRS and TRRS jacks, same problem. Thankfully, I had only shrink the default Windows 11 partition that the PC came with so I rebooted to the Windows installation and low and behold, the system does recognize the headphones or line in (Realtek Audio) and I do get sound output. So, I returned back to Kubuntu (22.04) and tested everything, but I don't see the option in the sound even to manually switch as seen in the screenshot attached.

Code:
    lspci -knn | grep Audio -A3
    returns:
    04:00.1 Audio device [0403]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Renoir Radeon High Definition Audio Contro
    ller [1002:1637]
    Subsystem: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Renoir Radeon High Definition Audio Controller [1002
    :1637]
    Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
    Kernel modules: snd_hda_intel
    04:00.2 Encryption controller [1080]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 10h-1fh) Platform
    Security Processor [1022:15df]
    --
    04:00.5 Multimedia controller [0480]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven/Raven2/FireFlight/Renoir Audio
    Processor [1022:15e2] (rev 01)
    Subsystem: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven/Raven2/FireFlight/Renoir Audio Processor [1022:15e
    2]
    Kernel driver in use: snd_rn_pci_acp3x
    Kernel modules: snd_pci_acp3x, snd_rn_pci_acp3x, snd_pci_acp5x, snd_pci_acp6x, snd_acp_pci, snd_rpl_pc
    i_acp6x, snd_pci_ps, snd_sof_amd_renoir, snd_sof_amd_rembrandt
    04:00.6 Audio device [0403]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 10h-1fh) HD Audio Controlle
    r [1022:15e3]
    DeviceName: HD Audio Controller
    Subsystem: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 10h-1fh) HD Audio Controller [1022:d2
    70]
    Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
    Kernel modules: snd_hda_intel
    05:00.0 Non-Essential Instrumentation [1300]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Zeppelin/Raven/Raven2 PCIe Du
    mmy Function [1022:145a] (rev 81)

Any help would be appreciated as I don't want to always leave the HDMI monitor on just to get audio and my speakers which has both Bluetooth and line in functions, the Bluetooth part has hardware issues so I would want to use the line-in function instead.
    Attached Files
    Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user #419401 currently running Kubuntu 24.04

Issue was solved after upgrading to 23:10. Now running 24.04 without sound issues. Closing topic.
    Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user #419401 currently running Kubuntu 24.04

Comment

Working...
    X