How to setup reverse print order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to setup reverse print order?

How do I setup reverse print order, so the last page gets printed first (and output is stacked with first page on top, last page on the bottom)?

Googling around I'm told there's supposed to be a "reverse print order" option in the printer setup, but I don't see it. See attached screenshot. It's an Epson ET-16650.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20230831_121117.png Views:	0 Size:	292.3 KB ID:	673602
    Last edited by Dave92f1; Aug 31, 2023, 10:22 AM. Reason: Typos.

It looks like that option isn't available in Linux. Epson's website for this printer series says it is for Windows and Mac. However, in the screen shot you provided, you can try setting Output Tray to Face Down. After printing the document, you just have to take the stack and turn it over.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      It looks like that option isn't available in Linux. Epson's website for this printer series says it is for Windows and Mac. However, in the screen shot you provided, you can try setting Output Tray to Face Down. After printing the document, you just have to take the stack and turn it over.
      Alas, Face Down isn't an option. That field can't be changed - it's Face Up only.

Is attaching the printer to a Windows box and then sharing it over the LAN with Linux an option? Would reverse order work that way?

Also, Epson DOES offer Linux drivers for this printer (see http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/search/01/search/ ). It's just that they don't "offer support" for it. I'm using the generic driver now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230831_153834.png
Views:	86
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	673608
      Last edited by Dave92f1; Aug 31, 2023, 01:39 PM.

Comment

This type of setting will be in the application. not the printer.

For Libreoffice:
        File> Print > General

Name:	Screenshot_20230831_182114-1.png
Views:	90
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	673615

Other tools might not have this, unless the driver explicitly offers the option.
        Mine doesn't

One *might* be able to 'hack' it to do so, by manually editing the ppd file for the printer by adding the line "*DefaultOutputOrder: Reverse" (without quotes!) to /etc/cups/ppd/YOURPRINTER.ppd
        No idea where it needs to go in this file.

I did check to see if it was a KDE specific setting, but it doesn't seem to be, at least fore me:

Name:	Screenshot_20230831_183901.png
Views:	83
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	673616

Comment

Working...
        X