Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sound through internal speakers or headphone output

Hi!

I am new to this forum so let me know if I contradict any traditions/ways of doing things etc.

I am running kubuntu 22.04 through KDE neon 5.27, and it seems that my sound stopped working completely. An hour of googling revealed that this might happen when upgrading the kernel, so currently, my kernel is 5.19.0-46-generic.

I have absolutely no sound / no mic through inbuilt systems or headphones output anymore (though they do show as working in the audio configuration). Only bluetooth connected audio devices work.

Does anyone have any idea how I can start tackling that problem? I was thinking of rolling back to another kernel but don't really know how to do that.

Many thanks in advance!

Welcome. Can you select/boot into an earlier kernel? If you can, and sound works as expected, we will proceed from there.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by TeaTalk View Post
      Hi!

I am new to this forum so let me know if I contradict any traditions/ways of doing things etc.

I am running kubuntu 22.04 through KDE neon 5.27, and it seems that my sound stopped working completely. An hour of googling revealed that this might happen when upgrading the kernel, so currently, my kernel is 5.19.0-46-generic.

I have absolutely no sound / no mic through inbuilt systems or headphones output anymore (though they do show as working in the audio configuration). Only bluetooth connected audio devices work.

Does anyone have any idea how I can start tackling that problem? I was thinking of rolling back to another kernel but don't really know how to do that.

Many thanks in advance!
      What can you tell us about the hardware in your system?
      The next brick house on the left
      Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
        Welcome. Can you select/boot into an earlier kernel? If you can, and sound works as expected, we will proceed from there.
        If you don't see a boot menu to select a previous kernel from, when you start your computer:
        to display the GRUB boot menu either press [Shift] or [Esc] (depending whether your computer uses BIOS or UEFI boot) after the firmware has loaded.
        Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
        Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
        install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Working...
        X