Logitech M310 drags screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Logitech M310 drags screen

My mouse has begun to drag the screen after I drag the screen intentionally. It doesn't let go until I left click on the screen somewhere. The mouse is older, could the interior button be failing? There is little the input devices/mouse settings allow me.
    Last edited by linelocker; May 01, 2023, 02:58 PM.

It could be dirty in there. There are disassembly instructions out there for this mouse, but not sure if it is worth the trouble or not (didn't watch to see how much work is involved).
    Could be a breaking wire or the USB plug getting worn, or any number of things, to be honest. Won't be able to tell without trying a different mouse.

What do you mean by "dragging the screen" exactly?

I can't think of any option in Plasma that would or could do this, even in Accessibility settings. I am sure I am missing something obvious, though.

Comment

claydoh
      What do you mean by "dragging the screen" exactly?
      For what it's worth, when I intentionally drag the screen with the left button, and then release the left button, it continues to drag the screen until I click the left button again. Hope that's clear.
      It's ok I just thought maybe someone would have seen this but it's really not worth pursuing.

Comment

When I've had that happen, it was a wired mouse with a problem in the wire just after it leaves the mouse. With such mice if I held the wire straight and slightly compressed toward the mouse the problem would go away. I've read in a blog a complaint that wired mice always failed in that way (for the blogger) within a year or two of new.
        Regards, John Little

Comment

I might as well close this thread by adding, I opened the mouse, put a tiny drop of WD-40 on both switches where they slide into the switch housing and closed the mouse. It seems to have worked.

Comment

Working...
          X