This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Built in Ethernet just dissappeared

So I've install 22.04 to fix a zpool vdev problem. So far it's fixed and working.
    Now I attempted to do a search for something and received "page not found" or whatever default error message when you have no network
    Wasn't bothered, PC needed a restart

Still no Ethernet. It was there, I checked it. now it's gone.
    How do I re-tell linux that I have ethernet and to enable it and use it? Please

The only things I've done is a system update, removed Discover (I hate that program), installed zfs, and something called
    Code:
    sudo apt install ubuntu-restricted-extras​
    to get ms fonts and other stuff it claims is good.

1. How to get espo3 back?
    2. Why did it disappear in the first place?
    Thanks
    16th-October-22. Marking this as solved, even thou I just uninstalled kubuntu and started again. I've also managed to get all the files off of the dev pool that was playing up.
    Last edited by CharlieDaves; Oct 15, 2022, 10:24 PM.

From a konsole, what does iwconfig return?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

what is showing in your network widget?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220930_094711.png
Views:	133
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	665568

Name:	Screenshot_20220930_093727.png
Views:	128
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	665567
      Also, it is possible to create a new wired connection if the existing one has been fubared for some reason, or to test different settings.

Name:	Screenshot_20220930_094234.png
Views:	126
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	665569

I wonder if the device name may have changed for some reason? Though I think this should be unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
        From a konsole, what does iwconfig return?
        You mean ifconfig ?? Just lo and all it's standard looking information
        enspo3 the ethernet connection internet connection just disappeared even after a reboot

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
          what is showing in your network widget?

Name:	Screenshot_20220930_094234.png
Views:	126
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	665569

I wonder if the device name may have changed for some reason? Though I think this should be unlikely.
          I would have consult this "connections" except it too has disappeared. It was the first thing I though of.

NOW as I am having another crises. for future sake only using install net-tools, how would I get it back. I have router and a specific router assigned IP.
          The only thing I think, is under windows you have a workgroup. I didn't have a workgroup as I hadn't setup Samba as I wasn't bother (are still am not) doing it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieDaves View Post
            I would have consult this "connections" except it too has disappeared.
            So you are missing that section of System Settings entirely? What about the networking tray widget?
            Something is broken here, but I have no idea what it would be.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post

So you are missing that section of System Settings entirely? What about the networking tray widget?
              Something is broken here, but I have no idea what it would be.
              Yeah neither do I nor Google. So since I don't care about the PC, I just rebooted it from USB and reinstalled.

Comment

Working...
              X