This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NVidia + Intel mixups

I've recently upgraded to Kubuntu 22.04 from 20.04 and have been having graphics issues. Do note, display works just fine however, a number broken problems stir up. Wine programs no longer work and typing wine notepad from the konsole results in a no window to display error. As noted in a previous post by another poster, I get a set of acpi and nouveau errors before the desktop finally loads. I can't switch to the onboard Intel GPU. The Nvidia cpanel gives two choices: performance mode and on demand. The Intel choice is greyed out. So I'm forced to run any wine based program via virtual box. If I reside the vbox window by chance, the screen gabbles up and I have to reset the VM to solve the issue. I never had any of such problems running 20.04. I opted to making a full backup then did a fresh install minus formatting my /home partition choosing to install 3rd party drivers which immediately installs the Nvidia 5.15 drivers.

Reading around I'm faced with two options: either go back to 20.04 or do a complete reinstall formatting home partition as well.

What do you guys think? I'm still hanging.
    Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user #419401
Working...
X