Logitech G602 Mouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONFIGURATION] Logitech G602 Mouse

Is there some software package I can get that will allow me to program the buttons on my Logitech G602 Lag-Free Wireless Gaming Mouse – 11 Programmable Buttons, Upto 2500 DPI? If so what repository and package name?
    Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu

Piper, from the standard Jammy repos will support it. it probably won't up show in Discover but will in Muon or Synaptic, though the more current Flatpak will, if you have enabled that on your system. But Piper's Flatpak for whatever reason cannot include it's required libratbag dependencies, so won't work ootb. Installing Piper via Apt won't have this problem, easiest way to go.

But to be honest, it is really simple to discover all this (except for the Flatpak "problem")

Comment

I installed piper via Discover. As you can see it is not fully compatible with my mouse buttons. I suspect that Logitech created a new version of the G602 and changed the numbers the keys generated. I probably need a newer version of piper than the one in the Ubuntu repository. Edit: I could not load the screenshot as spectacle made it too large for PHP.
      Last edited by steve7233; Aug 28, 2022, 12:45 AM.
      Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

Comment

Piper is just a GUI front end for "libratbag", which despite it's name is not just a library. ratbagctl --version reports 0.16 for me, installed via apt, and that's the latest tag on github.

Google finds chatter that the G602 has caused trouble due to its "weirdness".
        Regards, John Little

Comment

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
          Piper is just a GUI front end for "libratbag", which despite it's name is not just a library. ratbagctl --version reports 0.16 for me, installed via apt, and that's the latest tag on github.

Google finds chatter that the G602 has caused trouble due to its "weirdness".
          Just my luck I got the weird one. I bet it's because Linux doesn't fetch much money for those big greedy corporations like Logitech.

Comment

Another solution could be to use xautomation or xdotool in combination with xbindkeys to map your mouse keys - I don't know your mouse, but it works with my Logitech MX510 and MX518 mice.
            I prefer xdotool as it is the smaller and simpler program for this job.

You have to create an ".xbindkeysrc​" file in your $HOME and put the keys/actions in this file, e.g. to map the thumb keys of my mouse to "Page Up" and "Page Down" I added:
            Code:
            # Bind "thumb forward" mouse button to Page Up with xdotool
            "xdotool key 'Prior'"
              b:9

# Bind "thumb back" mouse button to Page Down with xdotool
            "xdotool key 'Next'"
              b:8​
            To find out the button numbers of your mouse you could use something like
            Code:
            xev | grep button​
            For the syntax of xbindkeys and xautomation or xdotool commands you will have to search a bit in the Internet.

Hope this is of any help…

PS: This is for X11, I guess this won't work in Wayland.

PPS: A good starting point is (older, bit still valid): https://marian.schedenig.name/2012/0...mouse-buttons/
            Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Aug 30, 2022, 02:00 AM. Reason: typos and added link
            Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
            Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap scriptreinstall Snap for release-upgrade scriptinstall traditional Firefox script

Comment

Working...
            X