Graphical Glitches while playing YT videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graphical Glitches while playing YT videos

Lines appear below videos in YT. Any ideas? Posted this in Linux Mint forums back when I was using it but the person told me a workaround. This happens in ALL Linux distros I tried while distrohopping. Fedora gnome, Fedora KDE, Linux Mint, Kubuntu. Please help me.

We can't help you without knowing which graphics card you are using and what graphics driver?
    Last edited by rab0171610; Jul 10, 2022, 12:29 AM.

Comment

GPU: Intel Haswell-ULT
      GPU: AMD ATI Radeon HD 8670A/8670M/8690M / R5 M330 / M430 / Radeon 520 Mobile

Comment

You are probably using the default amdgpu driver as the amd-pro video drivers from the amd website are not available for jammy 22.04 yet. They are supposedly released every 4 months or so. You may have better video performance for using Wayland (your other post) and youtube videos with that driver when it is released.
        In the meantime, have you tried more than one browser? If so, is the same problem with youtube videos occurring in both browsers? You could try finding out how to enable and/or disable hardware acceleration in your browser to see if it has any effect.
        Also it would be helpful to know if you have the kubuntu-restricted-extras (proprietary codecs) package installed? It may not solve your problem, but I would definitely recommend them if they are not installed. Make sure you system is updated. If you want to use Muon Package manager, search for kubuntu-restricted-extras and install it. If you can, I'd recommend the command line:
        Code:
        sudo apt update
        sudo apt full-upgrade
        sudo apt install kubuntu-restricted-extras
        Also, does the problem occur only when playing videos in fullscreen video mode?
        Last edited by rab0171610; Jul 10, 2022, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Another thought, for troubleshooting purposes:
          You can try disabling compositing on kwin temporarily to see if this has any effect. Let us know what the results are . . .
          To disable the effects, open konsole or terminal of choice:
          Code:
          qdbus org.kde.KWin /Compositor suspend
          to re-enable the effects:
          Code:
          qdbus org.kde.KWin /Compositor resume
          There is an ALT+SHIFT+F12 keyboard shortcut to toggle it on and off but it is not working on my machine for some reason.

Comment

Working...
          X