I need a driver for the HP Envy 4500 esp the scanner part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PRINTER] I need a driver for the HP Envy 4500 esp the scanner part

It used to work under Kubuntu 18.04. Please help.

It worked in 18.04, so you probably have to do the same things you did then, probably to install libsane-hpaio, or install the full HP GUI tool HPLIP (hplip-gui). At least for starters.
    Also, more info such as: USB or Wifi connection?

Comment

It has a USB connection. I tried installing the HPLIP .run file and got it to run but the interface stated the certain dependences were not available in 22.04. I'll try installing libsane-hpaio as you suggested. Thank you for that.

Comment

Hplip-gui should be available via discover or Muon, or via apt.

You might already have the aio package installed.
        But if not, hplip-gui will have it a a dependency.

Another thing to check, if you have upgraded to 22.04 from 20.04, is to uninstall ippusbxd if present. It doesn't exist in 22.04 but an upgrade might have left it behind.

Comment

Thank you: this worked. libsane-hpaio. It's an old printer-scanner. I use it just as a scanner. It also fits into a space I need something to fill a certain space.

Comment

So from my POV, this issue is now resolved. Thank you for your help, claydoh.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben V View Post
              It also fits into a space I need something to fill a certain space.
              I love those sorts of concepts. It is a small reason I bought my 29 dollar Christmas printer, as well as my spice rack in the kitchen. 'holes' in my space.

Comment

Working...
              X