Theme installation triggers an DBUS backend error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theme installation triggers an DBUS backend error

I get this attached message when installing theme packages and must abandon the installation.
    Attached Files

Theme packages for what? And where did you get them from?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

The themes are installed from Kubuntu and I am referring to any component of the desktop themes. I don't know how to locate the source of the error messages during installation. I came across many problems with the theme offerings.

Comment

It *sounds* like a global theme is trying to install an SDDM theme, and can't get the password prompt to open for some reason, or there was no password entered before a timeout expired. I cannot say why, other than maybe the user login is NOT the main user account, and thus doesn't have sudo privileges? This isn't the usual flakiness in the KDE Store's servers an/or Plasma's "Get New" tool.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
          It *sounds* like a global theme is trying to install an SDDM theme, and can't get the password prompt to open for some reason, or there was no password entered before a timeout expired. I cannot say why, other than maybe the user login is NOT the main user account, and thus doesn't have sudo privileges? This isn't the usual flakiness in the KDE Store's servers an/or Plasma's "Get New" tool.
          Thank you. How right you are that it is a group rights issue. While I am the only user with a single account, I also discovered a problem trying to log out, and your comment shone the light.

Comment

Working...
          X