Changing wallpaper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Changing wallpaper

Don't know what I did, but I can no longer configure my desktop wallpaper . . . sort of. I can change it to any of Kubuntu's preloaded papers, but I cannot change it to any of my picture files. I've tried restarting kde, and I've tried rebooting (I know, I know; it's very Microsoftian of me). I've done some internet research, but nothing I've found there has worked.

One of my pictures (in fact the one I want) shows up in the configure wallpaper screen, but it will not load, and I cannot delete it.

Thanks.

Can you go to the picture you want in your Dolphin directory, right click on it and set as wallpaper?

Comment

Can you change the "Wallpaper type"?

I've used the "VallPaper 2.0.2" plugin for years now, and it does a lot.

The configuration file that saves this, among with other desktop stuff, is $HOME/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc and it is, IMO, a huge (on my work laptop it has 1500 lines), horrible mess and prone to getting corrupted. You could reset it (rename it to something else and log out)... and lose a lot of your other plasma customizations, such as the set up of your panels.
      Regards, John Little

Comment

TT: That was one of the first things I tried.
        JL: I'll give VallPaper 2.0.2" a try. Thanks for identifying the underlying file for me. That way I can at least start over again. Setting up the panels again is a tiny nuisance--a small price to pay if I have to go this route.

Comment

jlittle: I took your advice (and took the easy way out) by recreating the troublesome plasma file. A few minutes work resetting my panels, and everything is working fine. I thank you. I'm grateful as well to TT for taking the time to respond.

Comment

Working...
          X