Update now cant boot, recovery from old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[KDE] Update now cant boot, recovery from old

So I did what the annoying popup and updated. Now my computer boots to a black screen (1/4 sized of actual monitor).. I have to <escape> during boot, and I have to select v137 for the PC to actually boot.
    Q. How do I set v137 as default boot option, and delete the rest. I've search for boot problems, update wont boot, etc. & I've updated my Profile to reflect me, more so.
    Thanks Kubutu Forums
    EDIT: Yeah I know. This has been asked before somewhere. Appologies to Admin people. If someone points out or PM's me thread about this question, then I (think) I can delete this thread.
    Last edited by CharlieDaves; Jun 14, 2023, 04:28 PM.

See https://askubuntu.com/questions/1308...ion-as-default
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks SnowHog. I've edited that, just need to wait for a restart later

BUT

I was thinking there was one, that showed a list of all the Dist upgrades and their numbers. So if you had a list of 50 you could delete some/most of them. I was more interested int this version, if someone knows what I am talking about

Comment

Nup. it didn't work. some "pop-up" That wouldn't go away forced som "BS New upgrade" and now nothing will boot at all. I've attempted to fix, but I have now disk space. I am attempting to clone but i need to know how to get my saved home directory restored.
        I use the following command on shutdown. Can anyone please tell me how to reverse this?
        Code:
        #!/bin/sh

#Add timestamp

TS=$(date +"%F")

#Specify how the tar archive will be named

BKPNAME="Backup-Kubuntu-homedir"

#Tar it
        tar -zcvf "/media/sf_S-Drive/2018-Essentials-Shuffle/$BKPNAME.tar.gz" /home/mm4

​
        Thanks
        OH And I'll need help removing eveything. &&&& this is KUNTBTU not Lububtu. I know wrong place, but I've just lost 18 months of legal training and I have a final due end of week. If I miss it, I'm out and screwed so to speak.
        UPDATE-EDIT. Still trying everything I can think of to get my old home directory back. Not fun.
        Last edited by CharlieDaves; Jun 19, 2023, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Something someone some-entity doesn't like me or want me to pass. <insert really bad-english words>x100
          No matter what I boot into, safe mode, 152 down to 92 or even each "normal?" boot 152 down to 92 all I get is a brief pause something about checkdisk fail 8 and then more scrolling stuff and then

(initramfs)

What the heck is this, and how the heck do I fix it? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE......HELP HELP HELP

Comment

Working...
          X