First Wayland failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Wayland failure

I was working with Kate and had 1,073 documents in the FileSystem list I selected another document I wanted to open and selected Kate at the app to open it.
    Here is what followed:
    This plugin supports grabbing the mouse only for popup windows
    qt.qpa.wayland: setGrabPopup called with a parent, QtWaylandClient::QWaylandXdgSurface(0x555f30279de0 ) which does not match the current topmost grabbing popup, Qt
    WaylandClient::QWaylandXdgSurface(0x555f3114eb40) According to the xdg-shell protocol, this is not allowed. The wayland QPA plugin is currently handling it by set
    ting the parent to the topmost grabbing popup. Note, however, that this may cause positioning errors and popups closing unxpectedly because xdg-shell mandate that
    child popups close before parents
    kf.service.services: KApplicationTrader: mimeType "x-scheme-handler/file" not found
    007c:fixme:wineusb:query_id Unhandled ID query type 0x5.
    007c:fixme:hid:handle_IRP_MN_QUERY_ID Unhandled type 00000005
    0110:fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
    0118:fixme:imm:ImeSetActiveContext (00010064, 1): stub
    0118:fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0001005E, 00010064): stub
    00b0:fixme:imm:ImeSetActiveContext (0000000000010026, 0): stub
    00b0:fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0000000000010020, 0000000000010026): stub
    qt.qpa.wayland: setGrabPopup called with a parent, QtWaylandClient::QWaylandXdgSurface(0x555f30279de0 ) which does not match the current topmost grabbing popup, Qt
    WaylandClient::QWaylandXdgSurface(0x555f30fd4240) According to the xdg-shell protocol, this is not allowed. The wayland QPA plugin is currently handling it by set
    ting the parent to the topmost grabbing popup. Note, however, that this may cause positioning errors and popups closing unxpectedly because xdg-shell mandate that
    child popups close before parents
    kf.service.services: KApplicationTrader: mimeType "x-scheme-handler/file" not found
    qt.qpa.wayland: Wayland does not support QWindow::requestActivate()

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

But......what actually happened?

I don't understand this part:
    Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
    had 1,073 documents in the FileSystem list
    What list?
    What application? I assume something running under Wine?

Is this Kubuntu 22.04, and its older Qt, or neon and its current Qt?
    Kwin in Plasma 5.24 isn't necessarily the best choice for a Wayland compositor. I don't recommend 22.04 for more than general Wayland testing.
    Plasma 5.27 is much improved etc et al ad nauseum

Comment

I use Kate to scan a group of files in a folder looking for a word or phrase. Kate is opened with three panels: the list of files in the left panel, the results of the word or phrase search in the right bottom panel, with each line containing the file name and the line in which the word or phrase appears. When I click on a line on the right bottom panel the actual document opens in the top right panel where I can read and capture text.

The activity was interrupted by the error msg I displayed in my first post.
      EDIT:
      Here is a screen capture of the activity:

Click image for larger version

Name:	kate_mass_search.png
Views:	186
Size:	390.4 KB
ID:	671358 When I scroll in the bottom right panel and click on line from a file that file is displayed in the upper right panel. All 1,073 files are selected in the left panel. The error msg appeared when Kate crashed while doing this. However, the problem has not reoccurred.
      Last edited by GreyGeek; Jun 09, 2023, 10:56 PM.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
      X