Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plasma 5.27 LTS back-ported to Kubuntu 22.04 LTS ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plasma 5.27 LTS back-ported to Kubuntu 22.04 LTS ?

Plasma 5.27 LTS has been released on 2023-02-14. Would it be back ported into Kubuntu 22.04?

I wish.

claydoh gave some answers to your question in another thread: https://www.kubuntuforums.net/forum/...239#post668239

PS: Plasma 5.27 is already available in KDE neon and openSUSE Tumbleweed KDE (if you want to have a look) - and I am sure Arch will follow in the next 24 hours.
    Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Feb 15, 2023, 06:51 PM. Reason: added PS
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Good morning all,

I was just wondering if there has been an update to the availability of KDE Plasma 5.27 for Kubuntu 22.04.2. I would like to install it if it is available via the backports path.

In the Muon package manager, I clicked on the "By Origin" tab on the left and this clearly listed KDE Backports Extra. In Konsole I entered "sudo apt full-upgrade" to upgrade Plasma. However, when I then opened Info Centre I found that I was still using the following software.

Operating System: Kubuntu 22.04
      KDE Plasma Version: 5.25.5
      KDE Frameworks Version: 5.98.0
      Qt Version: 5.15.3
      Kernel Version: 5.19.0-50-generic (64-bit)
      Graphics Platform: X11

So, how do I upgrade KDE Plasma to version 5.27, or is that not allowed on Kubuntu 22.04.2 ?

Stuart

Comment

Plasma 5.27.x is not available for Kubuntu 22.04.x (yet? I don't know…).

Also see Overview: Kubuntu, its parent and some of its siblings
        Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
        Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
        install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Originally posted by stuarte View Post
          I was just wondering if there has been an update to the availability of KDE Plasma 5.27 for Kubuntu 22.04.2
          Barring some official word on the topic, it is going to be safe to assume that, as per normal LTS policy and history, there won't be such a major upgrade available in 22.04. it defeats the purpose of an LTS, not to mention the extra work and effort into maintaining this needs to taken into account.

Comment

Good afternoon,

@claydoh​: Thanks for the update and explanation. I guess for this, I will just have to wait for Kubuntu 24.04 LTS.

Stuart
            Last edited by stuarte; Jul 28, 2023, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X