Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change display configuration then taskbar disappears... constantly.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change display configuration then taskbar disappears... constantly.

I have no idea if this is a plasma thing or a Kubuntu thing. I suspect it's a plasma thing.

I have multiple monitors and quite often have to change the display configuration. Pre-Covid, it would happen in the office as I moved my laptop from my desk (multi-monitored) to a conference room to participate in a meeting (single monitored), then back to my desk again. Now, at home, with a plethora of accumulated monitors, I'm constantly reconnecting them between my work laptop, home desktop and Steam deck.

The Display Configuration in System Settings in Kubuntu 22.04 is SO much better than it was before with the monitor rotation, replica of and global scale settings.

My issue is that the "Primary" checkbox for a particular Device (a monitor), should indicate which monitor the taskbar should appear on. It doesn't. 75% of the time, if I make a change in the display configuration, the taskbar disappears. No amount of changing the "Primary" monitor/device will make it re-appear.

Logging out then logging back in will usually make it re-appear. Or deleting a file in config (I forget which one), but it loses all my wall-paper settings as well, reverting to a default configuration.

It's very frustrating.
    Last edited by tomwitt; Feb 09, 2023, 04:38 PM. Reason: my proof reading skills suck
Working...
X