Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Logitech mouse wheel right button causing windows and tabs to move right without pressing it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logitech mouse wheel right button causing windows and tabs to move right without pressing it

Hi all,

Since 17th December 2022, my Logitech mouse (M705 with 9 buttons) is "pressing" wheel right button by itself.
    This causes all windows, tabs and other stuffs including Pager to simply moves right just by hoovering mouse over the objects.

I'm able to disable button mapping with xmodmap, but not permanently nor and most important, for the entire desktop session.
    This strange behave even occurs on SDDM login window.

I've tried 2 more mouse devices, another M705 and a NGS (very simple wireless mouse with only 4 buttons) and the issue only occurs with Logitech mouses, while the NGS is working correctly. But here I can't understand if it is related with the fact that the NGS only has 4 buttons, because the erratically behave happens with button 7 being "pressed" by it self.

My system is Kubuntu 22.04.1 with Plasma 5.4.27 and kernel 5.15.0-56-generic.

If someone has or had such issue and knows a solution or even a workaround, please share it.

Kind regards,
    Carlos

Are both Logi mice using the same USB dongle, or are you swapping them out, and still seeing the same thing? That is may be the first thing I'd look at.
    It does not seem likely that two mice would have similar mechanical failures at the same time.
    I assume things work fine in other operating systems, if any?

I can't say I am seeing anything similar with any of my devices: the very similar M720 I use as my main mouse, plus a G305 and M557 I have floating around.
    I do mostly use Bluetooth (except for the g305) for quick device swapping, but I am not seeing anything similar when using the dongles on any of them

You might look at the utility called Solaar. it is specifically for Logitech devices and can do things such as pair/unpair devices with dongles, as well as other device and custom button options that might at least be helpful for the time being. You can autostart this tool to restore the options, but that won't kick in until you log in.
    it is in the normal repos, but there is a PPA for a more recent version. Your mouse is well supported in the repo version.
    https://pwr-solaar.github.io/Solaar/usage

Comment

Working...
    X