Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updating to Plasma 5.25.5 has broken my system further...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating to Plasma 5.25.5 has broken my system further...

After my ongoing problems with certain .desktop files not showing up in the Plasma's menu system and on hearing that the latest version of Plasma had over 400 bug fixes that did not ship with Kubuntu 22.04, I elected to upgrade from Plasma 5.24 to 5.25 with the hope the bug that is plaguing me would be fixed.

I've been using Plasma for over a week now and found it to be VERY good with zero obvious bugs other than the one that I've been posting about, so, I don't know what bugs the devs HAVE fixed but apparently, it wasn't the only one that was rendering it, for me, unusable...

As a result of upgrading, however, my system is now broken further and I can no longer switch between alternate menu styles by right clicking on the tool bar and choosing 'Show Alternatives'. Most of the time, the context menu does not show up at all and when it randomly does, attempting to change menu styles results in chaos and most of my pinned toolbar items being removed.

Does anyone know how to fix this or how to revert back to the version of Plasma that shipped with 22.04?

Otherwise, I'm about to have to rebuild my entire system again for the third time in two weeks... and sadly, as much as I LOVE the majority of it, if that happens, I don't think I will be rebuilding with Kubuntu.

Originally posted by MusicalCoda View Post
    Does anyone know how to fix this or how to revert back to the version of Plasma that shipped with 22.04?
    Use ppa-purge to revert back from the PPA you added, It is not 100% foolproof, but does usually work as expected to downgrade back, as long as there aren't too many inter-related PPAs being used on a system

Comment

Originally posted by MusicalCoda View Post

Otherwise, I'm about to have to rebuild my entire system again for the third time in two weeks...
      It sounds like you should learn and use btrfs, whatever distro you settle on. One can try things out, and discard them quickly.

Regards, John Little

Comment

Working...
      X