X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LibreOffice and Darkmode

Dear all,

I installed Kubuntu 21.10 with the flatpak version of LibreOffice.
    I have put Kubuntu in darkmode, but LibreOffice doesn't look nice. Therefore I would like to have LibreOffice in lightmode, but Kubuntu in darkmode. How would that be possible?

Kind regards
    WebHeer

With Libreoffice, you have to set some of the theming from within the application's settings manually, as it doesn't seem to like following any desktop settings for this very well. This isn't due to it being Flatpak, but due to Libreoffice doing its own thing. Usually, you need to go to Tools >> options >> view and adjust the icon set to better match the color scheme. You can also install LO extensions th at might work https://extensions.libreoffice.org/e...-color-palette

The Flatpak is built with Gtk integration/theming, unlike the deb version, which have a libreoffice-kf5 package that gives better KDE integration.

For the flatpak, you can install the flatpak org.gtk.Gtk3theme.Breeze-Dark (probably from the command line), which adds a Breeze dark theme for Gtk that may help
    There is of course a breeze light Gtk3 theme as well: org.gtk.Gtk3theme.Breeze, which is probably what you want to make the Flatpak version of LO to have the light theming.

Another potential remedy would be to upgrade Kubuntu's stock LO to the latest version(s)
    https://launchpad.net/~libreoffice/+...reoffice-still
    or
    https://launchpad.net/~libreoffice/+archive/ubuntu/ppa
    Attached Files

Comment

org.gtk.Gtk3theme.Breeze is already installed on my system but does not help.
      Maybe LO should refer to this at startup, but how.
      By the way a few months ago LO was working nicely in lightmode while Kubuntu was in darkmode. LO has changed something in the meantime.

Comment

Oddly using Flatpak version here, I can't reproduce this, though I did need to change icon theme, as expected.
        Attached Files

Comment

Here is mine:Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220319_175645.png
Views:	146
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	661547

Comment

claydoh I can confirm the OPs issue. Changing the Icon Theme to Breeze Light for LO Calc and Writer while I had my Desktop Theme set to Breeze Dark didn't result in LO applying the light theme.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

So problem not solved. I couple off months ago this wasn't the problem.

Comment

Did you try tools -> options -> personalization -> light theme (from the pre-installed set)?

Comment

Originally posted by arsivci View Post
                  Did you try tools -> options -> personalization -> light theme (from the pre-installed set)?
                  Yes but that doesn't the trick.

Comment

Working...
                  X