X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LibreOffice 7.3.0.3 Icon and text size

Hello,
    I have installed the new LbreOffice 7.3.0.3 and the suface hase changed. Icons and text of the icons are very small although in the settings of LibreOffice with "huge" or "very big" marked.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20220207_135546.jpg Views:	0 Size:	16.0 KB ID:	660486
    Only the first line with the pull down menues has the right size. From where does this LibreOffice version takes the size for icons and text? How can I change the size and make them bigger?
    Kind regards
    Sigurd
    Last edited by Sigurd; Feb 07, 2022, 07:13 AM.

If using a PPA or manually downloaded and installed LO's deb collection to get 7.3.0, I will wager you did not install the package libreoffice-kf5, which is what is used to give LO a more Plasma friendly look. Assuming that you did not install LO as a flatpak or Snap

Otherwise, tools >> options >> Libreoffice >> view *might* have useful settings, maybe trying a different icon set? Otherwise, you might have to ask on a LibreOffice specific forum if no one here has a usable fix.

I will bet that installing the KDE appearance/integration package fixes this tbh.

If you have installed it as a Snap, then as far as I know, you can only get the Gtk look and feel. I know there was discussion of adding a KDE integration snap, but I don't see one.
    If as a flatpak, I think installing org.gtk.Gtk3theme.Breeze *might* help here.

Comment

Hi claydoh,
      as usual I downloaded and installed the debs, never had a problem. And libreoffice-kf5 is installed.
      Where can I find a KDE appearence/interation package? By the way the version 7.2.5 of LO was working fine.
      Kind regards,
      Sigurd

Comment

Originally posted by Sigurd View Post
        Where can I find a KDE appearence/interation package
        From your screenshot, it sort of looked like the Gtk interface, but that could be due to using a different color scheme and icon set.
        It looks like a package named libreoffice-kf5 does not come with the debs downloaded from Libreoffice. It seems that they now use something called libobasis7.3-kde-integration so you already have it, when you installed all the deb files. Dunno why they changed the name, Debian and Ubuntu are using the libreoffice-xxx as it has been for years and years.

I can't reproduce this on my end, even using the packages downloaded directly from Libreoffice as you have. However, I am seeing bugs in the tools>>options tool where I can't select any drop-downs in any of the settings dialogs. These work when I remove libobasis7.3-kde-integration.
        Libreoffice have their own support forums and resources that may be useful, since these bugs are not happening for me at all on the packages in their PPA.

You can always go back to the stable 7.2.x, as 7.3 is designated for the "technology enthusiast, early adopter or power user,
        In other words, you are the guinea pig bug finder, and hopefully bug reporter

It *might* be worth uninstalling the stray 7.2.x package for libreoffice-kf5, though I doubt it is effecting anything as the downloaded debs from LO install to /opt/ instead of /usr/bin/, so there shouldn't be any conflicts.

I wish I was more helpful in fixing this but I have no ideas, really.

Comment

Thank you, claydoh, for your advice. I still can work with it although all is very small. And if I don't like it anymore I can go back to version 7.2.5. I asked my question in the German LO forum. Let's see what will come out here.
          Kind regards,
          Sigurd

Comment

I reverted to 7.2.5 for this exact reason, so I'm very curious if there's a fix for this issue.

Comment

Hello oreggero,
              this is what I have already done. LO version 7.2.5 runs fine.
              I got first reactions in the German LO forum. Obviously this is a general bug. I got the advice for LO never use a version with a "0" as third number like 7.3.0. Such a version is brand new and not yet good tested. So, I only can say: Go back to LO version 7.2.5. and wait for the LO version 7.3.1. There the bugs might be fixed.
              Kind regards
              Sigurd

Comment

The issue is still present in LO 7.3.2 (Kubuntu 20.04), installed via LO fresh ppa. Maybe it's related to this bug: https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/....cgi?id=137924

Comment

Working...
                X