Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Global menu or Plasma HUD work for GTK applications for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Does Global menu or Plasma HUD work for GTK applications for you?

So I like to use Plasma HUD and Global menu. However, at the moment, it only works for Libreoffice and QT apps. GTK apps like GIMP do not work (they display the menu in-app). I installed all the dependencies suggested by the Plasma HUD readme (you can find it in the link above). Is there anybody who is using this feature for whom it works with GIMP, for example? I am using the PPA with newest Plasma if it changes anything.

Never mind, a reboot made it work. Maybe installing new Plasma version from the PPA required that.

Comment

Usually anything involving Plasma library updates/upgrades, it helps to at least restart plasmashell, so either trying that, or just logging off and back on is often enough.

Comment

Hm, so it stopped working again! Apparently, it only works if I have one Global menu applet somewhere. When I remove Global menu from all panels (while having Appmenu Applet there) , the menu stops appearing in the window titlebar and is no longer accessible trouguh Plasma Hud. Weird.

Comment

Working...
        X