Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you assign actions to keyboard shortcuts modifier+number (ie. super+3)?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
    I can't follow the details of this thread, but can give this warning: in the past the KDE shortcut handling has been quite flaky and non-deterministic. I think its file for saving shortcuts, ~/.config/kglobalshortcutsrc, becomes a mess. To regain determinism, I've had to resort to clearing out all the existing settings, then adding just the shortcuts I want.
    Funny, this was one of the things that were buggy on Unity (at least through the setting, at some point, I gave up, maybe I should have used compiz's shortcuts) - I hoped KDE would perform better. And it actually does:-). I will also try it with Wayland (if it works at all with my nvidia drivers).

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post

Yup, though Latte is a culprit here, at least partially:
      Indeed it is https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=447744.

BTW: my issue with shortcuts is much better under Wayland. I guess I will start using it from 22.04. Thought it is still a bit weird that when I try to set a custom shortcut as "crtl+8", it lists "ctrl+á" (which is what 8 in the upper row produces in my keyboard layout), but it then seems to work. If I remember correctly, super+8 also worked (even though when I tried to reassign it, it would list it as super+á).

Comment

Working...
      X