This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FN laptop buttons (brightness, sound etc) once working and once NOT

Hi, I would like to use kubuntu as my daily driver but there is a bug which stops me from doing this. The problem occurs on 21.04 and 21.10 (i was not using any other versions of that Linux). My function buttons for brightness and sound adjust not working as it should. Sometimes they are working ok when i'm starting kubuntu and then during working time sudently stop work, sometimes when I'm starting OS they are not working from the begening. It doesn't matter if kubuntu is installed on drive or just using by 'live cd'. Can you please someone help me to fix it pernamently? The laptop is toshiba sattelite c655. I have tried solutions found in google but it didn't help.

thank's for nothing. what they say? a year of linux? xD

Comment

FN keys are almost completely hardware related, and not tied to the OS, particularly audio and brightness.
      It is hard to say what to do at this level, and perhaps not many of us here have related experience or knowledge

I have tried solutions found in google but it didn't help.
      This is not terribly useful as we don't know specifically what you have tried.

Can we assume that adjusting the brightness and volume work from the GUI when it is failing from the keyboard??

Comment

Hmm. The Toshiba Satellite C655 was first introduced in 2012, and Toshiba discontinue (selling) the Satellite series in the U.S. in 2016. ("the line was discontinued in 2016 due to Toshiba's exit from the consumer laptop market.)

Asked on a much earlier version of Ubuntu, but...

https://askubuntu.com/questions/8664...d-ubuntu-16-04
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X