No announcement yet.

Installation error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regardless, enjoy your Win11 experience. I suspect that sooner or later you will be back.
    And here i am
    I disabled secure boot, reset the bios, disabled fast boot in win11 and switched from NVIDIA to integrated display.
    It still still came up with the 141 error during GRUB install and then reloaded the live USB stick, installed and used the Boot Repair tool and that fixed it.

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash acpi=off"
    Thanks rab, that worked like charm.
    I still suspect a bug somewhere in the installer because all of the Debian based distos failed with the same error and the openSuse Tumbleweed distro installed without a hitch.
    Last edited by GerardV; May 13, 2022, 11:15 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Glad it worked!!

Comment

FYI, these are actually bash commands, and
        Code:
        GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash" acpi=off
        means, in English, set the variable GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT to "quiet splash" and set the variable acpi to "off".
        Regards, John Little

Comment

Still ended up with all sorts of starting issues so i bought a new motherboard, a Gigabyte B560M DS3H AC thinking it slot straight into the HP case. But everything in there is propriety, the board layout and mounting, power supply size and cabling and the connector layout at the back. So could really only use the CPU, the Ms drives, memory and fans. I was going to take a hacksaw and chisel to the case to make it fit but ended up buying a new DeepCool case for AU$ 50.00. I would never buy a branded desktop pc ever again, its cheaper to assemble one yourself. And of course everything installed flawlessly. The BIOS on this board is amazing, everything can be tweaked. So i would mark this issue resolved if i only could find the button for it.
          sigpic

Comment

mark this issue resolved if i only could find the button for it.
            I think all you need to do is edit the title to prepend [SOLVED]:
            [SOLVED] Installation error

Comment

Originally posted by GerardV View Post
              So i would mark this issue resolved if i only could find the button for it.
              One just returns to post #1, clicks Edit and then in the drop down list to the left of the Title, chose [SOLVED] and then click Save.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
              X