X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Getting libglib2-related errors after installing packages

After installing some packages I'm getting errors like:

Code:
    symbol lookup error: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgobject-2.0.so.0: undefined symbol: g_memdup2
    This is the second time around. First time I thought I had damaged the system and reinstalled it. But now after reinstallation, first day, the error happens again.

A verification with dpkg -V showed no corrupted files.

Seems like all programs in package libglib2.0-bin are affected.

My system is now a zombie, it won't work after rebooting. Is there something I can do to correct this?
    Last edited by jwezel; Mar 05, 2022, 04:18 PM.

Sorry you are having issues, but you really haven't given us much of anything to troubleshoot with.

Originally posted by jwezel View Post
    After installing some packages
    What packages? How were they installed? Where did you get them from?

Originally posted by jwezel View Post
    I thought I had damaged the system and reinstalled it
    When you reinstalled, did you tell the installer to format your /home partition (assuming that you have a separate /home partition)? If you have a separate /home partition, but you didn't have it formatted during the second install, then if your issues are being caused by inconsistencies and/or incompatible user configurations, they remained.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      What packages? How were they installed? Where did you get them from?
      Problem solved. I installed kitty terminal from an tarball and activated it via xstow. The libraries installed in /usr/local/lib got picked up.

Comment

Your experience should give you pause to consider a backup and restore capability that is fast and easy to use so that you can recover quickly from these kinds of problems/mistakes. Re-installing should rarely be required or used.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
        X