X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

discover software centre

Hello all,

Upgraded a few days ago, everything is fine - apart from one thing, the software centre now displays "unable to load applications please verify internet connectivity"

Previously worked OK. I tried a few of the common things suggested by Google (appstream etc.) no joy - it's not a biggie, but it's there, anybody else seeing this ?

Thanks,

https://github.com/PackageKit/PackageKit/issues/336 and https://github.com/blue-systems/plas...ues/issues/225 of any help?
    Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Thanks, no dice unfortunately - I've tried restarting packagekit no joy

Comment

What about simply pkcon refresh and pkcon update from a terminal?
        Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Still the same I'm afraid, I'm OK using the prompt and all - just curious as to why

Comment

Originally posted by johnboy View Post
            Still the same I'm afraid, I'm OK using the prompt and all - just curious as to why
            Well, that eliminates any GUI basis for your issue.

So you've been using the same default network management that came with the distro and haven't made any changes there at all?

Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

No changes, but I've found the culprit :

(process:12161):
              CRITICAL **: 13:55:16.849: Unable to open temporary cache: Unable to open
              temporary cache file: Permission denied
              org.kde.plasma.libdiscover: Couldn't find a category for "fwupd-backend"

That's running discover from a terminal, use sudo and software centre opens normally, no issues whatsoever

Comment

use sudo and software centre opens normally, no issues whatsoever
                Be very, very wary, running GUI tools with sudo privileges can muck permissions on things elsewhere

Have you tried updating the 'normal' way, using apt? perhaps there are some missing system updates since you upgraded.

pkcon is OK, but it still is using apt to do the work.

Using apt also gives better error info, and probably won't have those connectivity issues - but if it did, would be much more verbose.
                Apt isn't checking for firmware, or Snap/Flatpak/KDE Store, or firmware updates, so this is the first place to go when this sort of thing happens, to at least see if you can get normal updates

Comment

Yep, I know - don't want to use sudo, it is pointing to a permissions issue somewhere, but I'm happy with apt.

Have reran update etc. and everything seems up to date

Comment

Working...
                  X