Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error 0x80070035 when trying to access kubuntu with Win10 - until it works again

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error 0x80070035 when trying to access kubuntu with Win10 - until it works again

So I have a PC with Kubuntu installed with a shared folder and printer. I don't have problems accessing the printer through sharing but accessing the folder is... problematic. When I enter \\kubuntu or \\kubuntu\sharedfoldername in the windows explorer address bar I get an error 0x80070035. But after a couple of retries it starts working... for a couple hours. Then the issue returns. What might be the cause for this? I'm quite a beginner with linux.

I think it's more a Windows problem and I'm not very talented in Windows. I found this however, skimmed through it and it seems that there can be several reasons for this.
    But guess as a novice is that Linux and Windows handle files (read/write) different due to different file systems, thus make it harder for Windows installs.

https://windowsreport.com/0x80070035-internal-network/
    ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
    Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
    Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
    Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
    - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Originally posted by evodoc View Post
      So I have a PC with Kubuntu installed with a shared folder and printer. I don't have problems accessing the printer through sharing but accessing the folder is... problematic. When I enter \\kubuntu or \\kubuntu\sharedfoldername in the windows explorer address bar I get an error 0x80070035. But after a couple of retries it starts working... for a couple hours. Then the issue returns. What might be the cause for this? I'm quite a beginner with linux.
      Windows. That's the problem!

Do you actually *need* to keep windows around? Over the decades I've heard that it does not like to play nicely with Linux, though it can be forced to work. But why force anything? If you don't really NEED it, why not get rid of it? I *only* use Linux and always have...well, before it was invented I used other UNIX-variants, including UNIX.
      Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

You didn't say how these folders were formatted. https://www.howtogeek.com/112888/3-w...-from-windows/

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas View Post
          I think it's more a Windows problem and I'm not very talented in Windows. I found this however, skimmed through it and it seems that there can be several reasons for this.
          But guess as a novice is that Linux and Windows handle files (read/write) different due to different file systems, thus make it harder for Windows installs.

https://windowsreport.com/0x80070035-internal-network/
          Thank you for the responses, right now I tried to set the service "TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper" startup to automatic on my Windows computer. So far no error messages, let's hope it stays that way!

Comment

Working...
          X