X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WoodlovesKubutusmoke

Hi folks.
    I thought that posting here might be fitting since i am just a hardware kinda guy.
    I'v been scuba with people who are differently abled and finishing my novel, Goodbye Windows Hello Zandros ( first is chapter posted in a blog post under White Panama Hat) , and several education articles.

Because of certain administrations I , and all other adjuncts, have lost classes, but the pandemic has saved him because the students have either just stopped going to college or have moved online.
    Kubuntu has stood up as a champ.
    I have averaged about a student every two weeks being Zoomed or on Teams.

Kubuntu installed both and runs them fine.

MS was " playing nice" for several years with powerpoint files, but because of Clinton usually they run ok but alays will open open format So I can work in Calligra if I wish.

Kaffein runs all videos and video formats and that includes heavily encrypted DVDs uch as "Castle"

and also "legal" pirated ones that actually use a menu like the old Cannon.

Anyway , I have run both Neon and the last version of Kubuntu for yeas and they never fail.

I wanted to post the first chapter o my , almost, finished novel. I met a "Kelli" who has helped proofread and acted as a muse for several years, but, as with all butteflies, she flitted away, as is the wont of all such.

But , I wanted to say hi to my old friends, and any new ones as they may wish.

Because I really do love you all .

It seems that even though my doctor aid for years that I would live at least another 20 years he may have missed the mark on that.ormer
    I had just finished in the pool and was walking back when i got dizzy an drove to the local urgent care four days ago. A former student was my nurse and I am going into surgery Thursday morning.

So this may be my last post.

Checkout White Panama Hat, and tell me what you think !

Youse guys are the inspiration!

WoodlovesKubuntusmoke!
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Feb 23, 2022, 12:04 AM.
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Positive thoughts coming at you.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

"Mega City West" caught my eye, perhaps it's Mega City Two from Judge Dredd... but no.
      Regards, John Little

Comment

Don't be a stranger Woodster. I've enjoyed your posts for years.
        Kubuntu 23.11 64bit under Kernel 6.8.8, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

I read your first chapter, Woody! Excellent stuff! I thought you were copying something from a book. Your story telling foo is high!

Vertigo is usually related to vestibular dysfunction, and surgery to fix it isn't usually life threatening.
          Syncope, on the other hand, can be caused by afib or blockage of vessels going to or coming from the brain, among other causes. Such surgeries can be life threatening.
          In 2015 my wife underwent her 2nd heart operation to replace the defective cow valve which replaced her defective mitral valve in 2007. The surgeon told me that she had a 10% chance of survival, and that he expected her to die on the operating table. He was visible shaking when he told me. Seven years later, my beautiful bride of 60 years and I are about to go pick up couple of Runzas for dinner. After the surgery, Woody, you should try to find a Runza shop. Their specialty is cabbage burgers in a pocket, which is what Runzas are.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Wish you all the bests woody! Hope all will workout fine for you.

Comment

Keep going and positive. We're here!

Comment

I love you and your posts, Woodster, and I'm sending lots of positive, healing thoughts your way.
                Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Hay woodsmoke

Keep the positive thoughts going it does help.

I wish you well my linux friend , yes I think of you and everyone hear as friends.

Hay I still have that T-mobile G1 ,, first android phone you sent me , and it still works (not as a phone) but a device thank you again .

Your friend

VINNY
                  i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                  16GB RAM
                  Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Well, you gotta always be positive at this age, Woody. We are like an old car -- parts break or malfunction, and we take it in for repairs. I firmly believe that we participate in our medical outcomes -- our outlook, our intent, does help to make a difference. Ask any medical professional: some people give up or think negatively, and they may not do well; and some think with strong intent right through it to a positive outcome. Keep us posted. Positive thoughts ... all the way. (I've been through several surgeries, including one for which a Mayo Clinic team was divided on the biopsy. I've come through with flying colors all the way, on all the surgeries; doctors tell me I am "in good health." Fact is, surgeons are some of the medical professionals who can and do make a difference in people's lives. We're not talking herbal concoctions and all that ... a surgeon goes in and attempts a physical-biological fix. It's a smart thing to do, when so indicated.)
                    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
                    X