Libreoffice Impress, No output on external Display 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Libreoffice Impress, No output on external Display 2

Unfortunately, I inadvertently posted this problem on the LTS, so I hope I now have the correct thread.

I tried a presentation using LibreOffice Impress (Version 7.2.1.2) and to my surprise there was no image on my Display 2 (external). I have 21.04 and 21.10 systems and both failed to give output on Display 2 for systems that have either AMD or Nvidia video cards. On all my systems I have all the latest distributions for KDE plasma (5.22.90) and KDE frameworks (5.86.0). I also use pre-release updates.

In desperation, I downloaded Kubuntu 21.10 and re-installed it on the Laptop which has an Nvidia display. Previously, this system failed the Display 2 test, but after doing the re-install without adding any extras, Display 2 worked with LibreOffice Impress.

I am wondering if there is anything I can do to get Display 2 working, rather than doing another re-install?

Does it work on 21.04 using the stock Libreoffice (7.1.2)? At least to determine if it is a Libreoffice specific issue or not.
    Using pre-release-updates *shouldn't* be a factor, but is always a possibility.

Using beta/pre-release versions of plasma (5.22.90 = 5.23 beta/pre-release ) shouldn't be an issue either, but again, is still a possibility.

I'll assume you have messed with the slideshow settings for multiple displays?
    Last edited by claydoh; Sep 29, 2021, 06:38 AM.

Comment

I have only been able to get by using the standard approach, version 7.1.6.2. This version also gives the LibreOffice Impress Display 2 failure. I will see if I can find version 7.1.2.

My impression was that LibreOffice is using the wrong address or variable for Display 2.

Comment

I decided to do a re-installation of 21.10 on my HP laptop. This then gave me two systems with 21.10 working with LibreOffice Impress. So my Sacrificial Laptop was used to find what caused no output on the presentation screen.

I found the problem to be caused by the Plasma 5.23 Beta. After its installation, the presentation screen on my auxiliary monitor did not show anything from the LibreOffice Impress file. So the Beta software has some bug relating to addressing an auxiliary monitor.

Edit:
        Since doing this post, I have resolved a long standing problem that I had with my Display configuration. By deleting the kscreen contents in .local/share/kscreen all is now right with my display setting. The outstanding problem is with LibreOffice Impress which now has the presentation and the presentation control on the external monitor. This is shown below.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	KDE_Plasma_Beta.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	645226
        Last edited by NoWorries; Oct 03, 2021, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X