This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.Net 3.5 install issues...

So, I've tried installing .Net 3.5 two different ways and neither worked.

When trying to install .Net 3.5 by clicking on it I get the following error message:

You must use "Turn Windows features on or off" in the Control Panel to install or configure Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5

and that's as far as you can go - click the ok button and the installation quits.:

Click image for larger version

Name:	wine q4wine error message (crop).png
Views:	1
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	649738

The second way was going by the winehq directions, under the HowTo/Notes section, which resulted in the following error message: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManag...sion&iId=10166

Click image for larger version

Name:	winehq dotNet3.5 install error scren print.png
Views:	1
Size:	341.6 KB
ID:	649739

I'm going to take a look into using play on linux, etc, and see what I can find.

Thanks ahead of time for any help...
    Attached Files

Circling back to your last thread, use Playonlinux to install your tube program(grab the deb file for Ubuntu here )

You are going to go through at least 7 of Dante's circles of hell trying to install things like the dotnet stuff using wine, especially as a newcomer. Heck, even as a longtime linux user.

Playonlinux is your friend, and is quite easy to use.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, but what version of windows do you have the WINE prefix set to? I know certain versions of Windows has that .NET version packaged with Windows and all you have to do is do as the error stated. MS quit allowing, to my knowledge, the downloading and installing of that version hence again the error message. I believe a way to ensure valid Windows users are "properly" using MS items.

Comment

''Circling back to your last thread, use Playonlinux to install your tube program(grab the deb file for Ubuntu here )

You are going to go through at least 7 of Dante's circles of hell trying to install things like the dotnet stuff using wine, especially as a newcomer. Heck, even as a longtime linux user.

Playonlinux is your friend, and is quite easy to use"

lol - ya, I'm going to try play on linux once I look into it a bit, I've never used it before.
        Last edited by ubuntuoyed; May 01, 2021, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise View Post
          Just out of curiosity, but what version of windows do you have the WINE prefix set to?
          I'm not sure what version of windows the wine prefix is set to. How does one go about checking it?

I'm going to spend some more time looking into wine, play on linux, etc.

I could get .net 2 and 4 to install by simply clicking on the files - but, man, 3.5 is being a pain.

My favorite schematic program requiring .net 3.5. I could install an older version, but I kind of want to see if I can't conquer .net 3.5 first

Comment

Ok, again thanks for all the help. Here is where I am at, and what I've done, etc...

"Just out of curiosity, but what version of windows do you have the WINE prefix set to?"
            The wine was using the Windows XP version, but after the following it was set to Windows 7. Not sure what that has to do with .Net 3.5 but for now I'm simply not going to mess with .Net 3.5 until I get a better handle on the wine/linux stuff. I opted to install the 'classic' version of ExpressPCB which installs and works just fine. With that...

I decided to do a fresh install of Kubuntu.
            I then made sure there was NO wine type packages installed.
            I then used the winehq.org instructions at https://wiki.winehq.org/Ubuntu for Ubuntu 21.04 - EXCEPT for the last line sudo apt install --install-recommends winehq-stable as it doesn't seem to complete the install for me on 21.04.
            I then used synaptic to install winehq-staging and q4wine
            After that the following installed pretty much effortllessly:
            PSU Designer II
            Electronics Assistant
            ExpressPCB/ExpressSCH (classic version)
            Push-Pull Calculator 2.0.8
            Tone Stack Calculator
            ResCalc Master
            and Duncan's TDSL Personal Edition 1.1 older.exe file version NOT msi (although, wine/q4wine seems to pop up to run confirm running after install)

I haven't installed LTSpice yet as it wants to run it in Windows administrator mode which I have figure out how to do yet, if it can be done, in wine.

I tried winetrick and play on linux for .Net 3.5 and couldn't get those to work either, which is why I'm putting off messing with it until I gain more experience and knowledge with linux.

I appreciate the help I get from other linux users, maybe what I've done and experience above might help someone else who is getting tired of Windows and trying to move to linux - lol...

If I get any further on anything I'm trying to get done in this thread I'll try to remember to come back here and update it so it's all in one spot...

Thanks again,
            Ubuntuoyed

Comment

Working...
            X