X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Many packages unavailable

Hi,
    I have installed newest version of Kubuntu 21.04
    After installation many packages are unavailable: wine, gimp, altitude, yakuake, and more.
    "E: The aptitude package is not a candidate for installation"
    Is that only my problem?
    Any solution?

https://www.google.com/search?channe...nstallation%22

Actually, your package list needs to be updated.

Either open Discover, which does so automatically, else run sudo apt update then try installing software.

Comment

I have Kubuntu 21.04 installed under qemu-kvm. I haven't messed with the repository sources settings. Everything is default.
      I opened muon and had no trouble installing wine, qtwine, winetricks and 255 other dependencies.

After you downloaded the ISO did you do an sha256sum on it to verify the download? After you burned it to a USB stick (or DVD) did you use the verification in the LiveUSB/DVD to verify it? I am assuming, or course, that you haven't messed with the source file settings of the repository, stored in /etc/apt/sources.list and others.

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Solved

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
        sudo apt update
        This was not working.
        I didn't messed with packages list.

Same was when I was running Kubuntu from flash.

But now is ok. I guess Kubuntu developers fixed that problem, because this package became available, and I have installed what I needed.

SOLVED

Comment

Working...
        X