Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digikam question - Mark images detected as duplicates as not duplicates of each other

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digikam question - Mark images detected as duplicates as not duplicates of each other

Is there a way in Digikam to mark two (or more) images as duplicates of each other to not be a valid detection?

To explain, I download a slew of images that I toss into a folder to rotate as wallpapers. Often I will download images from an artist who has made variants of the same image. I want to keep both. However, when looking for duplicates these get detected every time and clog up the duplicate display. Another duplicate image detection program I use has the option to mark a match as a false positive and remove that match from appearing in the list. I get that the simple answer would be "use that program then." Problem is after I do use that one and sic Digikam to detect dupes in the same set of folders, Digikam detects hundreds of valid duplicates I would like to cull.

In the duplicates tool, you should just need to adjust the similarity range to be more narrow, and see if that helps. Not sure if you have to update the image fingerprints after doing this or not.

Comment

Good suggestion, but not a good option as some of the true duplicates are at a lower threshold than the false positives.

Comment

Working...
      X