X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gimp and Audacious crash

Hi
    I made a clean installation of Kubuntu 21.04 (in real hardware). The installation went fine but three days now I cannot use Gimp and Audacious. I installed both of them via terminal (using apt) but they don't run. Uninstalled, rebooted and re-installed via Discover but same result. So. is anyone facing the same problem or is there any solution?
    Worth to mention that I already had one crash in Firefox 87 and one in System Settings.
    Thanks in advance.

try running the programs from the terminal, this should hopefully give some error messages that may be pointing to a cause.
    Usually, uninstalling and reinstalling a program (as one would do in Windows) does zero to fix things at all.

Just enter 'gimp' or 'audacious' in a terminal and see if it barks any errors. You will probably see some warnings, but these are more informational and not actual errors.

Comment

Good point.
      When I run gimp from terminal I get the following message:

gimp: error while loading shared libraries: libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I get almost the same message when I run audacious from terminal (please note that audacious-plugins are installed).

So, is there anything I can do?

Last edited by exter; Apr 26, 2021, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Some information more:
        When I run from terminal

locate libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0

I get the following output

/snap/deadbeef-vs/5/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
        /snap/deadbeef-vs/5/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2400.32

So does that mean that deadbeef (snap) locks the files?

Comment

Working...
        X