Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Failed to start default target

Lenovo thinkpad P1, and kubuntu hirsute
    Having wake from sleep and boot problems if not attached to my dock.
    Boot gives message

Failed to start default target: Transaction for graphical.target/start is destructive (emergency target has 'start' job queued but 'stop' is included in transaction.

Is this informative? Any ideas?
    Means if I try to work anywhere but my desk I just spent hours troubleshooting.

Log says
    Requested transaction contradicts existing jobs:
    Transaction for graphical.target/start is destructive (emergency target has 'start' job queued but 'stop' is included in transaction).

Looks like it's trying to run a start job on my external usb drive, and maybe that's why its locking up because the drive isnt connected
    Last edited by devnulljp; Nov 04, 2021, 07:33 PM.
    Dont pretend you havent noticed my cardboard box, Julia, because I know you have!

Originally posted by devnulljp View Post
    Lenovo thinkpad P1, and kubuntu hirsute
    Having wake from sleep and boot problems if not attached to my dock.
    Boot gives message

Failed to start default target: Transaction for graphical.target/start is destructive (emergency target has 'start' job queued but 'stop' is included in transaction.

Is this informative? Any ideas?
    Means if I try to work anywhere but my desk I just spent hours troubleshooting.

Log says
    Requested transaction contradicts existing jobs:
    Transaction for graphical.target/start is destructive (emergency target has 'start' job queued but 'stop' is included in transaction).

Looks like it's trying to run a start job on my external usb drive, and maybe that's why its locking up because the drive isnt connected
    That may indicate that the OS is expecting to see your USB drive. Is the USB device listed in your /etc/fstab?
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

Originally posted by jglen490 View Post

That may indicate that the OS is expecting to see your USB drive. Is the USB device listed in your /etc/fstab?
      Yes, that did it. There was a stray entry for that USB drive in fstab. Don't know how it got there, but I commented it out and it seems to be working fine.
      Thanks
      Dont pretend you havent noticed my cardboard box, Julia, because I know you have!

Comment

Glad you found it, and problem solved
        The next brick house on the left
        Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

Working...
        X