This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[KDE] Bad 21. 04 ISO Image?

I downloaded the Kubuntu 21.04 latest ISO from the kubuntu.org site and tried to install it on two systems, using USB sticks and startup disk creator to prepare the install sticks. Both systems have AMD X570 mobos with Ryzen CPU's, and both are updated to BIOS latest. I tried the downloads multiple times, verified the checksums (which were good), tried different usb sticks, wiped and formatted the sticks ahead of time, and the installs always failed on both machines with the error below.

I then repeated the process to install KDE Neon 21.04 stable, and the installs went fine. I'm wondering if the Kubuntu 21.04 latest ISO is bad, or if there's a problem installing with it on my config.

[Errno 5] Input/output error

This is often due to a faulty CD/DVD disk or drive, or a faulty hard
    disk. It may help to clean the CD/DVD, to burn the CD/DVD at a lower
    speed, to clean the CD/DVD drive lens (cleaning kits are often
    available from electronics suppliers), to check whether the hard disk
    is old and in need of replacement, or to move the system to a cooler
    environment.

mkusb is more reliable in creating bootable LiveUSB sticks than startup disk creator, in my experience.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

You could also try to burn with Etcher.io - Most find that solution extremely reliable, including myself.
      ​"Keep it between the ditches"
      K*Digest Blog
      K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Ditto for Etcher
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I saw a video earlier where the presenter couldn't create a bootable USB of Ubuntu 21.04 using any method, except when he was about to give up and tried Unetbootin and it worked!
          Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

Working...
          X