This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing 21.04

As there is no 21.04 section, I am using the pŕevious one (21.10). I am trying to install the new Hirsute Hippo Kubuntu and I've run into a little snag. Everythinbg is fine until I get to the manual partition option. I have BIOS and not EFI and want to install using the btrfs file system, which I prefer. When I get to the 'create a new partition menu, I click on sda and set it up for btrfs with mount point at /. So far so good. But when I click install, I get an error message: no EFI partition. Then there is another message about having at least 1 mega for a bootloader installation. So I go back and find there is 'free space' with 1 mb, so I click on that and assign the bootloader to it. Sorry, it says, the requirements/parameters are not met.

And there I stand. Obviously there's something I don't know, or something additional that has been added since I installed 20.10, so I'm asking anyone to tell me what steps I have to do in the manual partition section to get my btrfs partition set up and the bootloader ready so that I can proceed.

Try to make a partition of 100Mib for EFI and let a free space of 1-3Mib between / and swap partition.

Comment

Working...
    X