This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Application Launcher Lag

Hello folks, just changed over to Kubuntu from Mint last night. Wanted something different as well as a more immersive look while keeping to the Ubuntu-based distro. I have a question that may or may not have an answer. After I finished customizing the widgets and everything last night, I noticed that the application launcher or "start menu" sometimes has a bit of lag when hovering over the various apps. It isn't that big of a deal but I was wondering what could be causing it and if I can fix it so its as responsive as Mint? Below are my desktop specs just in case.

AMD Ryzen 1800X
    32 GB DDR4 G.Skill RAM
    1TB Samsung EVO M.2
    NVIDIA 1070 (ASUS)
    Dual Monitor setup

I have a similar issue (nvidia gpu here too). Have you tried the alternatives application launchers?

Comment

Not yet, I've been trying to see where the lag is coming from in the first place. I tried setting the visuals to prefer lower latency over quality but to no avail. I'll check out different launchers next.

Comment

It should be fixed in Plasma 5.22.

Comment

So Plasma 5.22 is available (via backports). The Application Launcher feels smoother.
          https://kubuntu.org/news/plasma-5-22...backports-ppa/

Comment

Hmm, is there still any lag at all? If so, I'll probably stick with Mint on my new desktop im building today.

Comment

I have no perceptible lag from the launcher menu. Still on Plasma 5.18.5
              Kubuntu 23.11 64bit under Kernel 6.8.8, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Originally posted by AAChaoshand View Post
                Hmm, is there still any lag at all? If so, I'll probably stick with Mint on my new desktop im building today.
                In my case the default Application Launcher of Plasma 5.22 is smooth and fast but I mostly use TiledMenu as launcher.

Comment

Working...
                X