X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firewall setting panel

[not sure if this is the right forum for this question]

5.21.4 in Hippo advertises a firewall panel in the settings tool. I don't seem to have it. Do I have to do something to enable it?

aardy

I don't see this an any of the Kubuntu release notes anywhere, but it has been around for a few Plasma versions now. On Kubuntu it probably just needs to be installed: plasma-firewall. They may have chosen not to include it by default, and maybe those who upgrade from 21.04 won't get it automatically.
    Last edited by claydoh; Apr 24, 2021, 08:22 PM.

Comment

You are right. I had to install it. thx. omgbuntu and a few other sites mentioned the firewall thing as new in 5.21.4.

Comment

Originally posted by theaardvark View Post
        You are right. I had to install it. thx. omgbuntu and a few other sites mentioned the firewall thing as new in 5.21.4.
        Sure, it is a feature, but a distro may decide not to include it as a default item. Many to most don't need this, I'll wager.
        Plus omgubuntu and others are not anywhere near 100% reliable as sources, often just phoning it in so to speak, without actually verifying or even touching the item being written about. They probably just looked at Plasma's release notes, and just assumed *all* of them are installed as default items in Kubuntu, or must failed to note it as an optional item.

Comment

It was new in 5.21, and have seen people report some crashes with it. So decided to let it mature for a few plasma releases before considering it as a default item.
          On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Working...
          X