Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All icons missing from all KDE dialogs, applications like Firefox are fine.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] All icons missing from all KDE dialogs, applications like Firefox are fine.

Just upgraded from 20.10 to 21.04. After the restart all icons in Plasma are missing. Other applications like Firefox, Dolphin, etc do display their icons so this looks to be confined to KDE.

For what it's worth I have popped into the System Settings -> Appearance and twiddled with Application Style, Plasma Style, Icons. Switching each to a different style, saving, back again, saving, no change to icons.

Comment

I had the exact same issue. Apparently the upgrade installed the "-gles" variants of some QT libraries (while having the non-gles-variants for some).

Just install the non-gles variants via these commands:

Code:
      sudo apt install libqt5gui5
      sudo apt install libqt5quick5
      (These will automatically uninstall the non-gles variants)

Also you might have noticed that the Breeze Evolution theme does not work. For example Dolphin should look like this (just in the dark version; see how the toolbar and title bar are the same color):

I had to do the following:

Go to ~/.config and delete config files related to QT (I just filtered for "qt"). Restart plasma and dolphin or log out & in again.. If this does not help, reset the KDE configs (filter for "k*" and delete everything. then delete the plasma configs to be sure).

Comment

Perfect, that did the trick, thanks!

Comment

Worked for me too. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X