Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 Network Protocols - which do you prefer and why?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 Network Protocols - which do you prefer and why?

0 threads in this sub-forum for 5 weeks! Hope you don't mind me posting one. https://tinyurl.com/2uxp6z5p

I was happily streaming videos to my Android devices using SMVv1 and no password. Then happened Samba v. 2.11 and then VLC and now KODI - so I had to move to SMBv2/3 and passwords - and have looked at the alternatives: https://youtu.be/dhd8kF-4zYU

I prefer HTTP as I like to write my own video menus in html.

HTTP as well. Don't use the other three.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Thanks Lynn! What about file transfers? Usb-cable?

Comment

miniDLNA anyone?

Comment

Thanks Claydoh! First I have heard of it, will check it out

Comment

Yes, miniDLNA works fine. Liked that symlinks to media on other partitions worked well.

Comment

Originally posted by hallergard View Post
              Thanks Lynn! What about file transfers? Usb-cable?
              Sometimes, but mostly KDEConnect. I have the developer option turned on, along with adb supportg and USB debugging. I have wireless debugging turned off and I've disabled adb authorization timeout. I don't use 3GPP AT commands, and I force full GNSS measurements because the Russian GPS is more accurate than the American GPS. I verify apps installed via adb, which isn't often, and I verify bytecode of deebuggable apps. I've also enabled GPU debug layers.

So, with KDEConnect I can answer on my laptop msgs and phonecalls that are received by my Samsung GS10. I can also display a screen image of my GS10 and click buttons on it, but I rarely use that ability. It's more of a showoff novelty to impress noobs
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
              X