X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random screen black out

Hello all,

Anybody seen/experienced something similar to this ? Very occasionally, whilst using my machine (single monitor) the screen blacks out, lasts for a few seconds and switches back on.

I've checked the obvious stuff, monitor plugged in (DVI), I can't see anything in options - dmesg doesn't appear to list anything odd if checked straight after a cut out. Currently running :

Nvidia drivers, did reinstall as well.

No troubles with this previously, rolling install of Kubuntu for several years. Temperatures seem OK - PC is usable too, funnily enough just happen now

I don't have 21.04, but just out of curiosity is 470.57.02 the recommended version for this version of Kubuntu?
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

It's the recommended version from running ubuntu-drivers, previously on the 460 branch (had the same issue with that).

Had this machine running most of the day and no repeat so far.

Comment

I'm running 20.04 and have an Nvidia GT650M. The driver is the Nvidia 390.144. Works great.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by johnboy View Post
          It's the recommended version from running ubuntu-drivers, previously on the 460 branch (had the same issue with that).

Had this machine running most of the day and no repeat so far.
          Well, that's good. When I was using my desktop unit, like GG, I was running the 390 version of Nvidia, which was stable. That machine does not have any sort of advanced graphics card, GTX730. I guess all you can do is keep monitoring - your monitor - and maybe play with settings if any instability pops up again.
          The next brick house on the left
          Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

Working...
          X