Hello

Just got my new Laptop

Based on:

insyde Bios
    I9 10900 CPU
    32gb
    Mother Board Series X170KM-G
    NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070 8GB

The install goes without a hitch. But when it goes to reboot. I do that and it comes up with the BIOS LOGO and then it just stays there.

Does anyone have any ideas

regards

Mark

UEFI? Legacy?

Where did you tell the installer to put the boot files?

What drives does the BIOS see? Are any of those the place where you "installed"?
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

Originally posted by jglen490 View Post
      UEFI? Legacy?

Where did you tell the installer to put the boot files?

What drives does the BIOS see? Are any of those the place where you "installed"?
      UEFI BIOS

It sees all of the drives.

I left it for like 90 seconds and it did log in. And I ran the command that allows you to see what caused the long boot up. And it mentions KERNEL.

Comment

I am trying to upload a screen shot of the bootup. But I am on a very bad ISP and it will not upload. Is there anyone here I could e-mail it to and then they can add it to this thread.

Comment

Is there any way of sending a direct mail to the Kubuntu team about this

Comment

I have tried a number of other KDE/PLASMA based distro's and all have this problem. Some of them the only way I can get in, is to go to Advanced Options in boot up and then choose the Recovery Option it will then boot it.

Comment

Right with installing again and awaiting some time. I can now boot with out having to go though the recovery option.

I ran the analyze command and this is what I get now for the slow bootup.

mark@mark-X170KM-G:~$ systemd-analyze
              Startup finished in 8.514s (firmware) + 4.522s (loader) + 1min 26.331s (kernel) + 7.293s (userspace) = 1min 46.662s
              graphical.target reached after 7.290s in userspace

I just wonder if Dev's have any idea of this please.

Comment

Working...
              X