Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Problem installing 21.04 on Macmini 5,2 i.e 2011 i7 w/ hybrid graphics

I tried installing Kubuntu 21.04 and Ubuntu Server 21.04 on Macmini5,2. No problem booting the USB or during installation process of either but the machine freezes when when trying to boot from its EFI, right away, before grub menu, so no diagnostics. I tried using all defaults as far as partitions or file systems go.

I don?t think it?s related to 32bit vs 64bit EFI since this version of mini is supposed to have 64bit, according to https://everymac.com/systems/apple/m...011-specs.html . But if anyone have any ideas on how to test it, please let me know, I?m a newbie.

Btw, Fedora 34 beta boots fine as well as Ubuntu 18.04 (bodhi 5.x distro).

solved

Comment

Originally posted by rbrdvr View Post
      solved
      All well and good! Anything in the solution that might be useful to others?
      The next brick house on the left
      Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

Originally posted by jglen490 View Post
        All well and good! Anything in the solution that might be useful to others?
        to fix hanging during the boot, after completing the initial installation reboot _WITH_ installation media inserted, swithc to live version, launch terminal, mount efi partition device to /boot/efi (mkdir /boot/efi if necessary)

cd /boot/efi/EFI

/boot/efi/EFI# cp -b ubuntu/grubx64.efi ubuntu/shimx64.efi
        /boot/efi/EFI# cp -b ubunt/grubx64.efi BOOT/BOOTX64.EFI

Comment

Working...
        X