This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluetooth connection unusably intermittent

I have upgraded to Hirsute yesterday, doing a clean install, wiping out the SSD entirely, and than adding my home folder back from a backup.

I am now experiencing problems with the connection to my Bluetooth audio receiver. After pairing it with my laptop, all works fine, until I have to stop the connection for whatever reason. Whenever I try to reconnect to the already paired device, the connection keeps coming and going, with a few seconds interval, making it entirely useless. If I unpair the device and pair it back, all is fine, but again only until the connection is stopped, and then the cycle repeats. The receiver worked perfectly fine before the upgrade, and it still works perfectly fine with my Android phone, so I don't think there's an issue with the device itself.

The device in question is the Logitech "Bluetooth Audio Receiver" (it doesn't seem to have any more specific names or numbers) from 2018.
    I am using an old ThinkPad T440p with an integrated Intel Bluetooth adapter. Tell me if you need more details.
    The OS is a fresh installation of Kubuntu 21.04, and I am running Plasma in an X11 session.

Any help is very much appreciated.
    Thank you very much!

what I did on a clean install was restore selective folders to my home .. like mozilla and documents etc. now I believe that there are certain configurations in the home folder that may not be good to restore from previous versions .. especially desktop stuff.

Comment

Maybe, but do you have any idea on what should be deleted and refreshed at this point?
      Fact remains that many of my minor previous settings were lost in spite of the backup. Paired and trusted Bluetooth device settings was among them -- I had to pair this back right from the start, it wasn't "remembered". But if this new pairing is indeed interfering with some old configuration, and if that is a possible cause of my problem, where is it stored?

Comment

No one has any idea at all?

Comment

I am having Bluetooth connectivity problems too. Often Kubuntu boots and there are no adapters listed in the system settings. This all worked perfectly under the previous version of Kubuntu.

Comment

Looks like we're alone in this... :-/

Comment

Working...
            X