This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chrome no longer shows system title bar and borders

Since 9/22/21 both of my Kubuntu machine fail to show the system title bar so I am unable to pin Chrome to all virtual desktops. This seems to be a problem beyond Kubuntu and extends to at least a few fluxbox and Gnome users.

There is an option in the tab area to turn it on and off which doesn't do anything, as is true for the same option in chrome://settings. There are some people saying to use the ozone option in chrome://flags which I tried. I don't know what ozone actually is but I tried installing it which didn't help.

Have anyone else encountered this problem and found a solution?

Yep, same here. And I have yet to find a workaround...but I really want one.
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Originally posted by LGTrader View Post
      Since 9/22/21 both of my Kubuntu machine fail to show the system title bar so I am unable to pin Chrome to all virtual desktops....
      I too notice that the toggle in Settings does nothing to get the "system" titlebar back. But re. the pinning to all virtual desktops, when I right-click on the icon of Google Chrome in the task manager and then choose Move to Desktop > All Desktops, that makes the browser available on all virtual desktops. Would that be what you want?
      Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

@chimak111

I was about to make a mention that your link in your signature line wasn't the correct version name for the specified version line above it, but then I clicked on it.

Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Okay, this is weird. Since I just installed a new hard drive yesterday, I hadn't installed Chrome yet when I posted above. Today, I downloaded and installed its latest version...and now I'm very confused.

When I first fired it up, I immediately tried right-click to see if 'use system settings' (or however it's worded) was there; it was, I clicked it, and the title bar came back! YAY!!! I thought......

A few minutes later, after stepping through various things, like signing in with my Google credentials, I realized the title bar was gone. I closed and reopened, right-clicked, clicked, looked through its "settings | appearance", tried various things, but nope, it was gone.

So I deleted my $HOME/.config/google-chrome directory, and fired it up again. Got my title bar back! I'm now in the process of figuring out at what point of stepping through setting it up the title bar irrevocably disappears. For now, just try deleting the same directory I did (obviously, you'll lose all your Chrome settings) and see what happens for you. I'm using Version 94.0.4606.61 (Official Build) (64-bit).
          Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

I didn't notice it, because I use Chrome only for testing. But it's missing here too, and changing the setting doesn't work. I guess it's a bug.
            The solution here worked for me, titlebar back:
            https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/comment...ome_title_bar/

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
              @chimak111

I was about to make a mention that your link in your signature line wasn't the correct version name for the specified version line above it, but then I clicked on it.

Capital mistake
              Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Originally posted by Goeroeboeroe View Post
                I didn't notice it, because I use Chrome only for testing. But it's missing here too, and changing the setting doesn't work. I guess it's a bug.
                The solution here worked for me, titlebar back:
                https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/comment...ome_title_bar/
                Thanks for this--it fixed it for me, too.

Comment

The r/kde fix worked for me in chromium, too.
                  Regards, John Little

Comment

Working...
                  X