This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Synaptic Package Manager

I just upgraded to LTS, I have always been able to find and install Synaptic Package Manager in Muon packager manager. This time I am unable to find or install Synaptic Package Manager. Is there a way to install Synaptic Package Manager from the terminal (command line)?

See https://itsfoss.com/synaptic-package-manager/
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Wow! That hit the spot! I love this forum.

Comment

I'm late to the party, and I see the problem is already resolved, but just for future reference: you can also install synaptic using Discover. That's the first thing I do on a fresh install!
        Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

I do
          sudo apt install muon

I know, I know, it's not synaptic....
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Well, sudo apt install synaptic would work just as well, wouldn't it? ;-)
            In fact, it work a lot better, as synaptic is a lot better than muon for the simple reason it doesn't go and update indexes every time you open it and close it :-)

Comment

Originally posted by DoYouKubuntu View Post
              I'm late to the party, and I see the problem is already resolved, but just for future reference: you can also install synaptic using Discover. That's the first thing I do on a fresh install!
              Is there a reason you prefer Synaptic to Muon? I used to use Synaptic in my Ubuntu days, but I've just used Muon since coming over to Kubuntu. But if Synaptic is better at certain things, I could go with it again.
              Kubuntu 22.04 (desktop & laptop), Windows 7 &2K (via VirtualBox on desktop PC)
              ================================

Comment

Working...
              X