This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[KDE] Saving page zoom with bookmark?

I have a webcam control page and there are only a couple of viewing options when you go to that page.
    I currently have the page set at "50%" but then have to zoom in (ctrl +) to 150% using the keyboard for the image to fill the screen.
    They other option is "100%" but then it is too big for the page.

Is there a way to save the zoom percentage in the bookmark for the page, but just for this particular page?

Thanks
    G
    Greg
    W9WD

Are you talking about a web page bookmark?
    I know Firefox does this, I use a specific zoom for KFN, as the text editor font is smaller for me here, as the monitor I normally view the forums on is smaller than my main one.

If it is for a specific application, that will depend on the program, if it offers some sort of method to do that using a command or config that a shortcut can call.

Comment

Yes a web page bookmark using Firefox. Not an application setting, a webpage setting.
      Greg
      W9WD

Comment

I don't know, it remembers my zoom settings for the page itself. But I imagine whatever applet or widget your web page is using to display the zoom level might not provide any sort of settings for remembering zoom level of that applet.

One thing that can be checked is to see if the url changes when you zoom, even if only a little at the end of the string. If it does, you might try bookmarking that.

Maybe try right-clicking on the video applet somewhere, and see if there are any settings available?

Without being able to see the page you have, it will be difficult to offer useful info. Is it an actual website, or is it a page generated by the camera itself?
        Last edited by claydoh; Aug 16, 2021, 08:04 AM.

Comment

I discovered the 50% settings change in the address of the page and saved that.
          It normally does not have a percentage designation in the address unless you click on the 50% setting and you will get the 100% setting by default.
          I changed the bookmark for the page to the 50% address and that works fine.
          But it does not change when you use the <Ctrl +> keyboard clicks.
          G
          Greg
          W9WD

Comment

Maybe Ctrl + keyboard doesn't work because it's set for only font-size? Or the opposite, everything? You can adjust that under View - Zoom (or something like that, my system is Dutch).

Comment

Working...
            X