Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone using the Snap version of Keepass XC?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • jglen490
    replied
    I agree that containers have their place. Containierizing for the sake of the concept, and without a plan, is not a useful design tenet.

    Leave a comment:


  • dequire
    replied
    I'm running KDE Neon. As a rolling system built on a semi-archaic base, contanerized apps do have their place. To me, it allows me to run Neon at trhe peak of my ability to do so, and have the best of both worlds, so to speak.

    Leave a comment:


  • jglen490
    replied
    I don't use Snaps or Flats on my system either. I'm not against "containers"; we use them on the system I work with, but where every little app has it's own container without regard to duplication of the supporting cast of libraries, it's not efficient. Bigger, faster, cheaper - pick two.

    Leave a comment:


  • Beerislife
    replied
    I have it installed from the PPA with no problems on KDE Neon. I will not have Snaps or Flatpacks on my system!

    Leave a comment:


  • Beerislife
    replied
    Originally posted by dequire View Post
    Were you shaking your fist at the clouds when you typed that?
    No, I was typing with one hand a holding a beer in the other. ��

    I just don't like the idea of Flatpacks and Snaps.

    There was also a time when the first thing I'd do after a fresh install was to purge Mono. ��

    Now excuse me while I go back to bed and continue my dream about socks... ��

    Leave a comment:


  • Beerislife
    replied
    Originally posted by dequire View Post
    Were you shaking your fist at the clouds when you typed that?
    No, I was typing with one hand a holding a beer in the other. ��

    I just don't like the idea of Flatpacks and Snaps.

    There was also a time when the first thing I'd do after a fresh install was to purge Mono. ��

    Now excuse me while I go back to bed and continue my dream about socks... ��

    Leave a comment:


  • jglen490
    replied
    And your point?

    Leave a comment:


  • Snowhog
    replied
    And then, those few who say: "I will have no system on my PC that didn't originate from the divine Penguin via the aether."

    Leave a comment:


  • claydoh
    replied
    Originally posted by dequire View Post
    Were you shaking your fist at the clouds when you typed that?
    Hehe,

    I am reminded of a time (even today) where people would scream: "I will have no third party sources on my system!!!!"

    I am also reminded of a time (even today) where people would scream: "I will have no PPAs on my system!!!!"

    And of course, if one goes back far enough (and even today), where people would scream: "I will have no software on my system that I did not compile myself!!!!"

    Leave a comment:


  • dequire
    replied
    Originally posted by Beerislife View Post
    I have it installed from the PPA with no problems on KDE Neon. I will not have Snaps or Flatpacks on my system!
    Were you shaking your fist at the clouds when you typed that?

    Leave a comment:


  • Beerislife
    replied
    I have it installed from the PPA with no problems on KDE Neon. I will not have Snaps or Flatpacks on my system!

    Leave a comment:


  • dequire
    replied
    I've been running that Snap version for a long time with no issues at all. Because it's a security app, being up to date (as well as running in a sandbox) are both good things. The Snap version also plays nice with the Firefox extension, in case you were wondering.

    Leave a comment:


  • SuperSapien64
    replied
    Originally posted by chimak111 View Post
    If one has to choose between a snap and a ppa, and one isn't short on resources, snaps may be preferable because of the "containment". With ppas, it's just possible that newer versions of dependencies may not play well with existing software. I can't give examples to justify this fear but maybe someone else can
    OK thanks. But getting off topic why am I not getting any email notifications from this thread?

    Leave a comment:


  • chimak111
    replied
    If one has to choose between a snap and a ppa, and one isn't short on resources, snaps may be preferable because of the "containment". With ppas, it's just possible that newer versions of dependencies may not play well with existing software. I can't give examples to justify this fear but maybe someone else can

    Leave a comment:


  • verndog
    replied
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install keepassxc
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree... Done
    Reading state information... Done
    The following additional packages will be installed:
      fonts-font-awesome libdouble-conversion3 libmd4c0 libpcre2-16-0 libqrencode4
      libqt5concurrent5 libqt5core5a libqt5dbus5 libqt5gui5 libqt5network5
      libqt5svg5 libqt5widgets5 libqt5x11extras5 libxcb-xinerama0 libxcb-xinput0
      libykpers-1-1 libyubikey-udev libyubikey0 libzxcvbn0 qt5-gtk-platformtheme
      qttranslations5-l10n
    Suggested packages:
      xclip webext-keepassxc-browser qt5-image-formats-plugins qtwayland5
    The following NEW packages will be installed:
      fonts-font-awesome keepassxc libdouble-conversion3 libmd4c0 libpcre2-16-0
      libqrencode4 libqt5concurrent5 libqt5core5a libqt5dbus5 libqt5gui5
      libqt5network5 libqt5svg5 libqt5widgets5 libqt5x11extras5 libxcb-xinerama0
      libxcb-xinput0 libykpers-1-1 libyubikey-udev libyubikey0 libzxcvbn0
      qt5-gtk-platformtheme qttranslations5-l10n
    0 upgraded, 22 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
    Need to get 17.3 MB of archives.
    After this operation, 67.2 MB of additional disk space will be used.
    Doesn't show any snap reference

    Leave a comment:

Users Viewing This Topic

Collapse

There are 0 users viewing this topic.

Working...
X