Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't print from Okular, Document Viewer, but can from a web page or other documents.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Can't print from Okular, Document Viewer, but can from a web page or other documents.

Can someone explain why this is & what to do about it? Why won't either Okular's or Document Viewer's print dialog work when all other documents print just fine?

I just tried printing from Okular on 20.04 and it works fine for me.

-=Ken=-
    -=Ken=-
    "A man has to know his limitations." Harry Callihan (Dirty Harry)
    DIY ASRock AB350, AMD Ryzen 3 1200, 16 GB RAM, nvidia GT-710, kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Okular (and Document Viewer, I think; it's not in 21.04) use libpoppler. What I perceive as a long time ago, more than two years, there was a problem in libpoppler that caused it to fail to print. Maybe you've got some left over from that time; I suggest adding a new user, and logging in as that user to see if the problem occurs for that user. If it doesn't, you can try to identify the cause by comparing stuff, and copying settings files gradually to the new user till printing fails.

When I used to have this trouble, I installed evince from Gnome to allow printing of PDFs.
      Regards, John Little

Comment

I've solved the problem. It turned out not to be Okular at all; Okular works fine. It turned out to be something in the programming of the particular, specific document (from a brokerage company) I was trying to view in and print from Okular. So, problem solved.

Comment

Working...
        X