Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a history/log-file from clipboard?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONFIGURATION] Is there a history/log-file from clipboard?

Hello Forum,

I've got a simple question about the clipboard in Kubuntu 20.04.2 LTS... When I open the clipboard tool in the small system-area (on the right, lower area), theres a history-list of copied text... In the settings, I can configure how many entries this history can have ect...
    My question is now the following:

When I clear the history in this tool, can I be sure, that the history is permanently deleted? Or is there a history-file / log-file of the clipboard in some directory? My intention is, that I don't want a history of all my copied text.

Thanks a lot! and excuse my english, its not my home language.

A bit of experimentation shows that at least one of the places the data are stored is in ~/.local/share/klipper/history2.lst. You could ensure that that directory is cleared.
    Regards, John Little

Comment

thanks. I already read about this. But i don't find any directory with "klipper". I also read, that "klipper" in newer versions of kubuntu is just called "clipboard". I don't know where this is located.

Comment

I can verify that the stored clipboard is a binary file found in $HOME/.local/share/klipper/history2.lst

While the application may be now labeled as simply "clipboard" the actual program executable is still called "klipper"

Note that config and data dirs are hidden folders.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ksnip_20210531-080828.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	645158

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210531_080916.png
Views:	1
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	645159

Add items to the clipboard and it grows in size and of course drops when emptied to a few bytes. If you don't trust that then delete it.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
        Last edited by claydoh; May 31, 2021, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X